View Full Version : What type of sticker is this?

05-09-2016, 09:12 AM
Hi all,
There is a type of sticker that has 2 backings. One backing is peeled off, the sticker is applied (usually to the window of a car), then the second backing is peeled off. The result is that only the text letters or design remain with nothing in between.
What is this type of sticker called? Also, I have a design I want to print maybe 10 of... do any of you have a recommendation for a place that does a good job at a reasonable price? I want them to be of a suitable material to be applied on the outside of a car window.

Chris in Vt
05-10-2016, 07:24 AM
These aren't stickers as much as they are vinyl transfers.
The vinyl is cut with a cutter, the waste removed and what's left is the design on a paper backing. Then a special type of masking tape is applied over the top of the design. The backing is then peeled off and the design is placed on the surface with the tape still on top of it. After the vinyl is pressed onto the surface the tape is removed.

Here's a YouTube video showing how it's done with a Cricut.