View Full Version : Newbie going to the source....Google just isn't cutting it anymore!

05-25-2016, 11:18 AM
Found this forum, because, well - people appear VERY active. Not just questions posted in 2005 with no replies like I see elsewhere. I decided to join a forum because being the problem solver I am - I always think I can figure it out. Of course, I use Google but then I thought, wow....I'm really wasting time. I should find others like me.....and ASK THEM! Dad is always a go to too but I can't call him at 2 AM when I'm laying in bed trying to come up with a solution. haha. ANYWAY, to kick things off, I have a question!!!

Does anyone know of hardware that a threaded rod can be screwed into (female part) that would be flush at the bottom?

Thanks so much!!

Chris in Vt
05-26-2016, 06:52 AM
There are inserts that are used by woodworkers that are pressed into wood so a screw or bolt can be used.
Do a google image search for "threaded inserts".

05-31-2016, 09:02 AM
Thanks Chris in VT! This just might be exactly what I need! Of course, I'm not using it for it's intended purpose so to speak - I'll be working with glass but it's what I was envisioning so just like everything else I do - I'm going to try it! Thank you so much!!