Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Arts and Crafts > Jewelry and Beadwork

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 08:34 AM   #1
Newbie Crafter

View John4018's Photo Album My Photos
Default How to Make Your Jewelry Last Longer?

For everyone who wants a distinct look that speaks of their individuality, handmade jewelry is among the first things that come to mind. We love to wear them for their unique designs and the way they rest and feel on us like no other piece of adornment does.

But these beautiful pieces of jewelry too are exposed to air, water, chemicals and the little nuances of everyday life. Handmade jewelry can be sturdy and in many cases can also be delicate. This is the reason that you are required to constantly care for them. So here are some tricks that can educate you on keeping your handcrafted jewelry clean and beautiful.
  • Clean your handmade jewelry
  • Protect your handmade jewelry
  • Store properly your handmade jewelry

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 03-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
Newbie Crafter

View midwestjewellery's Photo Album My Photos

To keep your Princess Cut Diamond Jewelry last longer needs right care and protection from harmful chemicals in order to avoid decolorising. For this always wear your accessories after makeup and spray your perfume before wearing jewellery. Wrap gold, silver or any other precious jewellery in acid free container,cotton to give protection from dust and moisture.
midwestjewellery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 06:22 AM   #3
Newbie Crafter

View nishasharma's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by John4018 View Post
For everyone who wants a distinct look that speaks of their individuality, handmade jewelry is among the first things that come to mind. We love to wear them for their unique designs and the way they rest and feel on us like no other piece of adornment does.

But these beautiful pieces of jewelry too are exposed to air, water, chemicals and the little nuances of everyday life. Handmade jewelry can be sturdy and in many cases can also be delicate. This is the reason that you are required to constantly care for them. So here are some tricks that can educate you on keeping your handcrafted jewelry clean and beautiful.
  • Clean your handmade jewelry
  • Protect your handmade jewelry
  • Store properly your handmade jewelry
Thanks for sharing useful information with us.
nishasharma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 06:16 AM   #4
Newbie Crafter

View hudsontom's Photo Album My Photos

You can do few things in order to protect your jewelry -

Prevent Tarnishing with gloss spray paint
store it properly
Avoid perfumes as Perfume and alcohol-based products can break down your jewelry’s coating.

hope this will help
hudsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
Newbie Crafter

View roritaCandy's Photo Album My Photos

does this apply to stainless steel earrings as well? Or what type of material are we talking about?
roritaCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:00 AM   #6
Newbie Crafter

View ShallyLim's Photo Album My Photos

You should keep your jwellery in side cotton ball after the use.
ShallyLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:52 PM   #7
Newbie Crafter

View luciusallinger12's Photo Album My Photos

Tarnish is basically unavoidable because of the way gold responds with sulfurs in the air.
The sebum in epidermis help keep it off. While you're not dressed in your jewellery, shop it in an anti-tarnish bag, or a bag with a several of anti-tarnish an eye.
There's also a lot of lotions and enhance outfits out there for when it does tarnish.
luciusallinger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:44 AM   #8
Newbie Crafter

View hudsontom's Photo Album My Photos

To protect your Sterling Silver Jewelry, you can go for some easy tips like make use of the clear coat of nail polish on your costume jewelry to make the pieces last longer next Store it in a cool dark place. You can also go for the liquid plating method.
hudsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:48 AM   #9
Newbie Crafter

View Robert's Photo Album My Photos

Yes the jewelry we have should be maintained properly after all its too expensive an require constant care.I was just visiting this site http://www.eternitybyyoni.com/Halo-engagement-rings/ and saw their various collection of diamond rings that are vintage and antique. They have maintained their collection so well without any improper care. Its exclusive collection of five stone diamond ring and three stone diamond rings are the best and the way they have maintained it deserves an applause.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:46 AM   #10
Newbie Crafter

View Evka31's Photo Album My Photos

Wow, this was probably the most useful information I found on the internet. I am being sarcastic of course. Perhaps not wearing it, ever, and place it in a safe would work even better to keep it protected. Seriously though, perhaps making your handmade jewelry from high quality materials would be a good idea. Actually the jewelry we make does not need cleaning. My wife keeps them anywhere she wants. It's not some food that will rot quickly. So stop acting with your jewelry like it's a baby. Wear it, use it and show it. If it breaks easy, then it's a piece of s***.
Evka31 is offline   Reply With Quote