Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Craft Ideas > Home Decorating

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 10:16 PM   #1

View guddu's Photo Album My Photos
Default Tips for Home Decoration.

Decorating your home can be very simple and inexpensive, if you follow these rules to make your house look breathtakingly beautiful.
  1. Decide on a theme: Before you could start decorating your space, it is very important to exercise imagination and zero in on an idea that best describes you. Your age, family background, personal interests, hobbies, holiday destinations visited and any other factor which describes the real you should be manifested through your decor.
  2. You are your space: If you imagine yourself to be the space you want to furnish, your favourite clothing would be the decor. Be smart, ignite your imagination and create something beautiful out what reveal the best out of you.

3. Lighten up your room: Natural sunlight is the best source of light which gives a lot of space to your room. Keep your windows open to let in fresh air and adequate sunlight.
  4. Paint your room: White can be the best colour that can make the room bright and beautiful. Any colour furnishings would look great with white. However. If your favourite colour is red or orange, it's best to paint the most prominent wall with your favourite shade and keeping the [COLOR=#9A0003 ! important][COLOR=#9A0003 ! important]curtains[/COLOR][/COLOR] the same hue.
  5. Minimal furniture: Keep your furniture as minimal as possible to facilitate movement and space.
  6. Exotic pieces and wall hangings: Freak out on exotic artifacts and handicrafts that bring out your best interests and wild passion for paintings. Experiment and go in for something unique and captivating.
  7. Fresh flora: Palm plants, bamboos and flower pots can work beautiful to create a sense of revival and rejuvenation. Plants placed at the corners of the area fitted in beautiful pots can create magic.
  8. Curtains: Purchase your curtains which goes exactly with the sofas. Any mismatch can look ghastly and ruin the look of your space.

Last edited by gma2rjc; 10-16-2010 at 09:10 AM. Reason: clarify text - remove symbols & numbers
guddu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 01-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #2
Creative Crafter

View Jrits's Photo Album My Photos

great ideas!
Jrits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:43 AM   #3
Craft Intern

View Luv2BCrafty's Photo Album My Photos

Good idea , MMMh well organized .
Luv2BCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:30 AM   #4
Newbie Crafter

View lewcrippen12's Photo Album My Photos

Hi guys,

That's nice idea for home decorating.

Thanks

Regards

Lew Crippen

Last edited by gma2rjc; 03-26-2010 at 08:18 AM.
lewcrippen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
Craft Intern

View Luv2BCrafty's Photo Album My Photos

Thanks for sharing those tips! Really helpful!
Luv2BCrafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
Crafting Student

View anabela33's Photo Album My Photos

good ideas.. little changes in your home make a big difference
anabela33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #7
Newbie Crafter

View Chelsea3684's Photo Album My Photos

Great steps to fallow when decorating with one exception. I would not paint the walls a true white. There was a study done by ASIA (American Society of Interior Designers), where the decorators were asked what was the number one color used by them in 2010 on their walls. It was a landslide with Benjamin Moore taking the price with color Nantucket. It is a neutral color with just a touch of other tone within it. It does not go to the yellows like alot of creams do, and works well with most wood tones and beautiful with white painted woodwork.

Last edited by gma2rjc; 02-17-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Chelsea3684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 08:25 AM   #8
Newbie Crafter

View KathyRRozier's Photo Album My Photos

Very useful ideas
i have some more i would like to share
Furniture Tips:
Furniture manufacturers today use a variety of materials and finishes specializing in indoor furniture and outdoor furniture designed to protect during regular use.

What can you do to protect the finish on your furniture? Cleaning products, waxes and polishes are available to help protect the finish of all the furniture from scratches and abrasions.

Clean and polish the furniture should be done on a regular basis. Dust attracts moisture, which can accumulate and soften the finish on your furniture. This can lead to major damage, possibly to the wood itself.

There are a variety of products for the care of furniture available in department stores, hardware centers and even in supermarkets.

Care and regular maintenance will give you the year or the satisfaction I expected when buying furniture for the home
Old 01-09-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
Newbie Crafter

View geri_86's Photo Album My Photos
Default Floral Appliqued Cushions

I do agree with Guddu. Great tips!

The plants are good idea but I am not a good gardener. So I have found teh solution - I use funiture with floral patterns. A cushion with floral design is much more easier to take care of than plants

And also I do prefer to make my own design than to buy from store. So here you could find how to make appliqued cushion by yourself.
geri_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 AM   #10
Banned

View jenny07love's Photo Album My Photos

There nust be a tidy and organized room after your tips.
jenny07love is offline   Reply With Quote