Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Arts and Crafts > Sewing and Needlework > Knitting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 11:40 PM   #1
Craft Intern

View monkeybunns's Photo Album My Photos
Default Man everyone's quiet! What's on your needles?

I check in every day but there haven't been a lot of threads lately so...

What's on your needles right now? Any plans for the rest of February?

I'm working on my pinwheel sweater (for me). It's going to be the end of me I swear! I started on Saturday and by Monday was on my 5th (out of 7) color. It has taken me about 20-30 minutes PER ROUND since then to get to the end-UGH! I'm FINALLY working on the edge but I had to rip it out because I hated the adult version. I'm doing the kid edge on mine. I used blues and pinks (one of the blues is Paton's Decor Country Varg and I'm so in love with it). I'm excited to get it done to spread out to see what it looks like-it's been insanely bunched up since I split out the sleeves. So the goal for tonight is to finish the edge (about 1/4 through now) and tomorrow do both sleeves.

Next I have a custom order...It's interesting but you know I'll do just about any knitting project for $ right now. After that I'm doing a scarf for my DH then I gotta get going on my Ravelympics projects (a hat and a shawl). I hope to round out my month with the Juliana shawl/wrap/sweater and finish by the end of the first week in March (http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/juliana or http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/juliana/juliana.html ) however I can't find the appropriate yarn so I'm going to figure out the gauge with baby yarn in off-white and go from there.

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 02-05-2010, 12:09 AM   #2
Creative Crafter

View UndrThTblNDrumng's Photo Album My Photos

at the moment I'm gearing up for the ravelympics. I'm planning a beret de printemps made with Bollicine Dolly (it's a 100% wool, neatly spun DK from cascade) in a brown called walnut. I've never worked with the stuff before but it looks a lot like the crystal place merino 5 I've worked with before so I'm hoping it has the same stitch definition and that it really pops with this beret. This will be the first chart I've ever tried to follow (it's a really easy one -- but it's still a chart)!

I'm also planning on spinning and plying 4oz of silk/merino into an as even as possible fingering weight. Yet another challenge because it will be on a spindle instead of a wheel

ETA: have you checked out other people's FOs on rav to see what yarn they used?
UndrThTblNDrumng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #3
Craft Intern

View monkeybunns's Photo Album My Photos

I haven't but I'm kind of picky about colors anyways. I looked *a little* in to it and all of them used funky brands. We're poor so JoAnn's is about all we can do right now. I ended up getting my yarn at $2.50 (I think) a skein and I technically only need 3 I think but I bought 4 so I could get the proper dye lot. There are no "sport" weights at Joann's (the baby claim to be sport but they're DK). The baby yarn I bought is a Lion's brand one and it looks thinner than the Bernat brand ones. IMO it looks like an even in-between of a fingering weight and a DK so I think it will be about the same gauge anyways
Old 02-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #4
Creative Crafter

sounds like it should be just right. You can always adjust a little with needle size if you have to.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:04 AM   #5
Newbie Crafter

View harmonise's Photo Album My Photos

I FINALLY finished a hat for ME!! I have about 3/4 of the second skein so I might make a matching keyhole scarf. Two projects are in the running for "next" but I'll probably do them simultaneously...a shrug for my dd and a make-up pair of socks for my bff (oh my gosh, i've never used that term before - i'm 45 years old!! - but she really IS!!) because the ones i made her for Christmas were a bit too snug around her foot. There are two techniques i'd like to try soon cables and. . .gosh darn it, I forgot!! it'll come back to me soon...sheesh!
Old 02-05-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Creative Crafter

View PennyPinchingPixie's Photo Album My Photos

*whispers* I went off track and I am almost done with a cupcake hat when I should be working on my kitty hat or patchwork afghan
PennyPinchingPixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:55 PM   #7
Creative Crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmonise View Post
There are two techniques i'd like to try soon cables and. . .gosh darn it, I forgot!! it'll come back to me soon...sheesh!
cables are fun! they keep things interesting for me
Old 02-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #8
Newbie Crafter

View Angel894's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel894

I'm working on a scarf for DH. I was almost through my first skein of 108yd yard, but DS somehow got to it and I am back at the beginning. I am planning on starting a pair of sheepy pants next week for DS. I am also planning a fashion scarf for me. I want to do a hudson hat for DS for next year. I don't think I will start on that one until closer to next fall, though. I also intend to learn how to knit socks eventually.
Angel894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #9
Creative Crafter

were you going to make the hudson hat scrapy or all one colorway?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:20 PM   #10
Craft Intern

View AshleyLD's Photo Album My Photos

I have a aviatrix hat on the needles at the moment. Ad next will be this:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...astronaut-vest