Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Craft Forums > General Craft Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-15-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
Craft Intern

View Wanderer's Photo Album My Photos
Default Cotton reels?

Hi all
I found a box of, mostly, wooden cotton reels at a garage sale.
Any suggestions/ideas on what I can do with them?
Ta

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I'm just saying that no-one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 11-15-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
Master Crafter

View gremlin's Photo Album My Photos

Paint them or decorate them to use as ornaments - ribbon to hang can run through the middle.

String them together to make a decorated garland.

String them together to make a Spool Doll. 2 or 3 spools for each leg (thigh, calf, foot or just thigh and calf), same for the arms. 2 or 3 larger spools for the body (you could even glue two together to make a larger body). Use either a larger spool or a round wooden bead or ball for the head.

Or, if you can't think of anything else, firewood. They burn quite nicely. We had a bunch of them (probably about 50 or 60) that had been stored outside and gotten wet. They weren't really good for crafting anymore, so we used them to start fires.

gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
Creative Crafter

View cornishwoman's Photo Album My Photos

they make cutie pincushions,some batting cut in a circle for the top,then cover that with some pretty material,glue in place with hot glue gun, then wrap the cotton reel in cord,more decoration than useful. I made some tassel's out of some larger old cotton reels. More or less the same as the pincushion but with out the batting,I think I cut some cording and frayed it then glued it into the hole at the bottom for the tassel part then corded the reel and hot glued it,those I used as fan pulls. Good to see you posting again.
Old 08-09-2018, 03:46 AM   #4
Newbie Crafter

View Suzanne's Photo Album My Photos

The cotton of the track is measured for the individuals. The change of the xxxtentacion hoodie is introduced for the role of the sciences for the perspectives in life.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 07:57 AM   #5
Newbie Crafter

View RichardN's Photo Album My Photos

The real layer of the product is done for the future times. All the features of oil heater have been highlighted for the fundamental parts and all challenges for the individuals.
RichardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 03:22 AM   #6
Newbie Crafter

View techblogger911's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremlin View Post
Paint them or decorate them to use as ornaments - ribbon to hang can run through the middle.

String them together to make a decorated garland.

String them together to make a Spool Doll. 2 or 3 spools for each leg (thigh, calf, foot or just thigh and calf), same for the arms. 2 or 3 larger spools for the body (you could even glue two together to make a larger body). Use either a larger spool or a round wooden bead or ball for the head.

Or, if you can't think of anything else, firewood. They burn quite nicely. We had a bunch of them (probably about 50 or 60) that had been stored outside and gotten wet. They weren't really good for crafting anymore, so we used them to start fires.

That is a very good suggestion, now I have some ideas floating around hehe
techblogger911 is offline   Reply With Quote