Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Craft Forums > General Craft Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 04:56 AM   #1
Newbie Crafter

View jackadam's Photo Album My Photos
Default Decoupage Advice Needed!!

I joined this forum solely so I could ask this question...I can't really find what I need through Google or on a car forum. Here's my dilemma...I recently watched an episode of Mighty Car Mods on Youtube where they did a decoupage piece on a VW Gold fender using the pages of a Manga comic book. I liked the idea and thought I could take that concept and apply it to the trunk of my 1990 Honda Accord, but using printed punk rock, hardcore and metal flyers. I had some label paper and clear coat lying around, so I got started (not finished yet btw)

I found out very quiclkly that the adhesive backing of the paper was not strong enough to stand 70-80mph on the freeway. It bubbled up and started peeling. I lost about half of my little project unfortunately. The thing is, I really like the look. It's definitely different and uniquely me. Here's my questions:

1. What kind of glue can I use (on regular printer paper) that will stand up to the wind? This is going to be permanent. I don't plan on taking it off.
2. Something that can be spread thin enough that it won't look "lumpy" and still stay? I already used some 3m spray adhesive to fix some of it, but it's too messy and hard to manage.
3. How much clear coat and recommendations on the brand?

ANY OTHER TIPS WOULD BE APPRECIATED. Thanks in advance

Tags: free ringtones, nhac chuong, samsung ringtones

jackadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE