Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Craft Forums > General Craft Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
Newbie Crafter

View Homiehomemaker's Photo Album My Photos
Talking What kind of crafts interest you?

Hello everyone Im new to this awesome forum! I've always loved crafting! For years I have tried to dabble in all sorts of crafts. From beading, sewing, macrame, knitting to working with glass and metals. But I always go back to one type of crafting and that is repurposing! I love to take something that is old, no longer used to something that is new and useful. I love Pintrest, Instructables.com and Youtube.com. I have found great Ideas from these gems.

I am interested to know who else has the same interest like me. So, tell me what gets catches your interest when your reading or surfing web looking for that next crafting project. What type of crafts you all like? What kind of crafts are your favorite? What kind of media outlets do you get your ideas or projects from? What would you like to see more of on these media outlets?

I love talking about crafts and being that Im a man. People, women in general are surprised to learn that I love crafting. Its funny to see a man in the local Micheal's or Hobby Lobby asking an associate where the beading needles are or if they have anymore flower print ribbon in the back. Its something I've loved doing! My wife tells all her new friends how much I love crafting! It's a good icebreaker i guess.

Please feel free to answer as many of my questions as you want. I would appreciate it if you do. I would love to answer any questions any of you may have. My thread posting skills arent all that great but I would openly welcome any tips! I hope to get a Youtube channel going of how to videos and life hacks. My brother-in-law keeps incouraging me to do it but I dont know. If you have gotten this far in the thread thanks for reading and hope to join one of your threads soon!

Craft On!

Homiehomemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 09-03-2015, 05:51 PM   #2
Craft Intern

View glynisrose's Photo Album My Photos

Anything except screen printing - I used to teach it and I hate it with a passion!!
glynisrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #3
Newbie Crafter

lol yeah my cousin did that for a bit and he got burnt out! But its a good business to get into. I have a friend that worked for a friend of his and he is do very well for himself. Its alot of work though.
Old 09-06-2015, 06:00 AM   #4
Craft Intern

View Chris in Vt's Photo Album My Photos

It surprises many to see the number of men involved in crafts. Just go to a craft fair and you'll see men in the booths selling what they made.
Chris in Vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 04:08 PM   #5
Newbie Crafter

Thumbs up

Yeah that's what I've been told. We had a neighborhood craft show last year, nothing big. I was the only one there and I was selling jewelry I had made. I enjoy crafts that's all I can do now since I was hurt overseas. It's helped me get through recovery and rough patches in my life.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:53 AM   #6
Craft Intern

View Chris in Vt's Photo Album My Photos

Did you enjoy doing the craft show? I don't mean moneywise, but did you enjoy the interaction with the customers? Did you enjoy being with like minded exhibitors?

I ask this because there is an entire industry of craft shows and art shows populated by artists and crafters who, like my wife and me, do shows as our full time job.

And most of all, Thank you for your service!
Chris in Vt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 12:57 PM   #7
Super Moderator

View gma2rjc's Photo Album My Photos

I'm a wannabe repurposer. I see things that could be reused and think, "What could I make with this? or, What could I use this for?". That part comes really easy to me. The problem is, I can never think of an answer to my own question... . So I don't repurpose things, but I love to see the projects that creative people come up with.

If you get a chance, take a look in the Recycled Crafts forum. There are some awesome projects that people have done.

Welcome to Craft Forum!

Barb

gma2rjc is offline   Reply With Quote