Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Arts and Crafts > Sewing and Needlework > Sewing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
Crafting Student

View Rachel's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via AIM to Rachel Send a message via MSN to Rachel
Default anyone used this pattern?

I just found this: http://www.sewmamasew.com/store/ecom...ow/PTHBHS.html and its soooo cute!! I'm in love. Has anyone made something like that? I'd love to make that for my lil guy's 1st birthday! Not till May so I have plenty of time to procrastinate.

Rachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 02-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
Craft Addict

View Angela's Photo Album My Photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Not till May so I have plenty of time to procrastinate.
That's funny!

I've never made anything like this, but it looks like an amazing idea! and using different textures of fabric would add to it, I think. You have to post it when you finish it.

My daily project was completed on January 25, 2012, but you can still visit my blog The Daily Turtle if you would like to see my adventures making or photographing a turtle every day for a year.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #3
Craft Intern

View monkeybunns's Photo Album My Photos

I haven't but I've made a cloth ball and blocks. It looks really cute! It doesn't look hard at all-you probably just sew it all up, leave an inch, turn it right side out, stuff it, hand stitch the opening closed. That being said...I procrastinated DS's Christmas last year (not the most recent Christmas-the one before) and was up until 1:30 sewing . I started his book much earlier for his birthday and it's good that I did-it took me 2 weeks of HARD work to finish it (I ended up having to hand stitch most of it). Don't procrastinate too much (Man maybe I should take my own advice...I am making a bunch of finger puppets and maybe a couple hand puppets for DS's birthday this year)
Old 02-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Craft Intern

View Kymy's Photo Album My Photos
Send a message via MSN to Kymy Send a message via Yahoo to Kymy

I haven't tried the pattern, but most of her patterns have decent reviews. That being said I have heard complaints about it simply being hard for kiddos to use, especially compared to wood or plastic ones. My son used to have a super cute fabric one & honestly we had the same issue!

Good luck with the procrastinating... I have a bad habit of starting to plan 6 months in advance & doing everything a few days before!

Kymy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Craft Addict

View Angela's Photo Album My Photos

I wonder if the issue of it being hard to use would be corrected (or lessened) if the "pillar" was constructed of satin or some other type of "slippery" material........
Maybe? (I'm just guessing here and figured I would just mention it)

My daily project was completed on January 25, 2012, but you can still visit my blog The Daily Turtle if you would like to see my adventures making or photographing a turtle every day for a year.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Creative Crafter

View luvkadcl's Photo Album My Photos

And my husband thinks I am the only one who does this!
Cindy

Good luck with the procrastinating... I have a bad habit of starting to plan 6 months in advance & doing everything a few days before![/QUOTE]
luvkadcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:44 PM   #7
Creative Crafter

I agree that the fabric shouldn't be slippery. Maybe adding some micro fleece to the bottom of every ring would keep it on. I would also (not knowing the pattern at all)add some weight to the base of the middle part to keep it stable. Like the pellets in beanie babies or something. The center part would really need to be stuffed a lot to keep it straight.

Looks really, really cute! I hope who ever you make it for will appreciate the time and effort that will go into it. Sometimes others don't see that. Especially if they aren't crafty. I once made a really cute pair of overalls for my nephew when he was 2. I worked so careful and chose the perfect fabric. There was no wow, or amazing when it was opened. It could have been bought at Walmart and it would have been appreciated the same. I never saw him wear it and she gave it back to me several years later. Which, I really did appreciate.

cindy
Old 02-05-2010, 01:47 PM   #8
Creative Crafter

Ooops I was agreeing that slippery would be bad. I meant on the rings not the center part.

Cindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela View Post
I wonder if the issue of it being hard to use would be corrected (or lessened) if the "pillar" was constructed of satin or some other type of "slippery" material........
Maybe? (I'm just guessing here and figured I would just mention it)