Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Arts and Crafts > Cooking & Baking

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 03:41 AM   #1
Creative Crafter

View luvkadcl's Photo Album My Photos
Default Best Chocolate Cake Recipe???

Dh birthday is coming up. He wants a dark, rich chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. What is your best recipe for both?!!

Thanks!
Cindy

luvkadcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 01-29-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
Creative Crafter

View luvkadcl's Photo Album My Photos

No recipes? I will keep checking, I know someone has a recipe that is amazing. This is for my special man!!
Cindy
luvkadcl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
Newbie Crafter

View stacy_smile's Photo Album My Photos

This one is to die for, literally it may kill you
It is out of a low fat cookbook called Eat Shrink and Be Merry - it's the last recipe in the book in a section called "You're Gonna Die Anyway!"

Died and Gone to Heaven Chocolate Layer Cake
Cake:
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 eggs
1 1/2 cups buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk put 1 1/2 Tbsp vinegar in measuring cup and add milk to the 1 1/2 cup measure)
1 cup strong brewed coffee
3/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla
4 oz unsweetened chocolate squares, melted and cooled slightly

Frosting
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup whipping(35%) cream
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate squares
2 tsp vanilla
1 package light cream cheese
1 cup butter, softened

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease bottom and sides of three 9 inch round cake pans. Cut circles of wax paper to fit bottom of pan and place in pans. Lightly grease paper. Set pans aside.
2. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In another large bowl beat eggs on high speed of mixer for about 3 minutes, until they have thickened slightly and are lemon coloured. Add buttermilk, coffee, oil, vanilla and melted chocolate. Mix on low speed until well blended.
4. Gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on medium speed until batter is smooth. Divide batter evenly among pans. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of cakes comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans, peel off paper and cool completely before frosting.
5. To make frosting, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and whipping cream in a medium saucepan. Cook slowly over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture comes to a gentle boil. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in chocolate until melted. Stir in vanilla. Let cool to room temperature.
6. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on high until smooth. Add cooled chocolate mixture and beat on medium speed until well blended. Refridgerate frosting until desired spreading consistency is reached, about 1 hour. Important! Don`t let it get to firm, or you won`t be able to spread it.
7. To frost cake , place on layer on a pretty plate. Spread 1 cup frosting over top. Repeat with second layer. Place final layer on top. Ice top and sides of cake with remaining frosting. Decorate cake with chocolate curls and chocolate covered strawberries if desired. Cover and refridgerate. Let cake stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving.
stacy_smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #4
Newbie Crafter

View HamishArmit's Photo Album My Photos

I see everything when I read this blog and pursuit all sort of work that you transferred. You built up a decent bit of work. I acknowledge with your work. Individuals looking this sort of technique and help with assignment is the way improve your writing skills. This became truly very helpful site. I truly enjoyed what sort of written content had been published. I will be content to help save this web site in to our folder.
HamishArmit is offline   Reply With Quote