Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Arts and Crafts > Sewing and Needlework > Crocheting Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
Newbie Crafter

View NauticalNessa's Photo Album My Photos
Default Brother-In-Law Scarf Help?

Hello Everyone.

Basically I am just bored of plain, one stitch scarves and looking for a pattern or tutorial for a scarf to make my brother-in-law. Solid color is prefered by him, but if I see something otherwise I like I might surprise him ;] Most the patterns I see lean towards the feminine side, so if you know of something that's more manly let me know. For now I'll be workin on my little sister's "Trail of Blossoms" scarf, but I hope to find a pattern/tutorial soon because I have to send all these projects out in a couple weeks.

NauticalNessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 03-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #2
Creative Crafter

View mamarose22's Photo Album My Photos

I recently made an afghan with beige and a dark denim-like blue using the larkstooth pattern. I got it from an afghan booklet that I purchased specifically for this pattern about 30 some odd years ago. My niece had asked me to make afghans for her twin boys and I needed something "manly" enough. I just recently found out the name for this stitch and there are tutorials on the web for it. I feel it would work out very nice for a man. Although it is usually done using 2 or more colors, you could make it in a solid color.