Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Community > Craft of the Month

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
Administrator

View Rasha's Photo Album My Photos
Default November Contest - Preparing for the Holidays! Craft-of-the-Month Win $50 Amazon GC!

This month's theme: Preparing for the Holidays!

I'm sure you all are working hard to finish up your Christmas craft projects in time (or Hanukkah, New Year's, winter solstice, family get-together, etc.). You might as well also get a chance at $50 for Christmas shopping on Amazon.com. This month, show us what you're working on for the holidays. Whether it's crafted Christmas decorations, homemade presents for friends and family, or any other holiday craft project you are working on, enter it here!

How to Enter:
You will need at least 2 photos.
1- A photo of the craft in progress. (We love photos of you making it!)
2- A photo of the finished craft.
And you will need to explain how to make the craft.

Entries Go in This Thread
Feel free to comment on other projects and have fun in this thread, but only posts with photos and explanations will be considered valid entries. We will allow up to 3 valid entries per person, but each must be completely different.

How is a winner picked?
At the end of each month we will use Random.org to pick winner. The winner will receive a $50 Amazon.com gift card.

Good Luck!

What is the Craft of the Month Contest?
Each month we are going to pick a theme or topic and everyone can create a craft based on that theme. You're free to create whatever you like using any type of crafting method but it must be something you create and it must be inspired by our theme of the month.

This month's theme: Preparing for the Holidays!

Rasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE

Old 11-01-2010, 04:37 PM   #2
Pro Crafter

View weareborgswife's Photo Album My Photos

Clarification on what a "Christmas Project" is? Is it a gift we are making to GIVE to someone for Christmas, for instance if I make a dress for my dd that is to be a Christmas gift, does that count? Or are we talking Christmas Decor, like ornaments, wreaths, etc?

This is going to be fun either way!
weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,026 Times in 971 Posts
View pinokeeo's Photo Album My Photos

Oh, I'm gonna love this one. I already have Christmas stuff all over the place, half cut out, half assembled, still in pattern stage. I'll pick my three favorites.

Strangers are just friends that we haven't met yet.
pinokeeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
Craft Addict

View downrightart's Photo Album My Photos

OH!!! Can I do my Christmas Swap Ornaments???!! How 'bout that? I actually have something going on to do!
downrightart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:41 PM   #5
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weareborgswife View Post
Clarification on what a "Christmas Project" is? Is it a gift we are making to GIVE to someone for Christmas, for instance if I make a dress for my dd that is to be a Christmas gift, does that count? Or are we talking Christmas Decor, like ornaments, wreaths, etc?

This is going to be fun either way!
BOTH! Presents you are making (such as a dress for your daughter) and Christmas decorations all count because it's all crafting in preparation for Christmas.

You can enter up to 3 times but each entry must be completely different (such as you could enter both the dress and a Christmas ornament, but two ornaments of the same type wouldn't count).

Good luck and have FUN!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:45 PM   #6
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by downrightart View Post
OH!!! Can I do my Christmas Swap Ornaments???!! How 'bout that? I actually have something going on to do!
Absolutely!!! I'd love to see those ornaments the swappers are creating. Might as well enter yours for a chance at the $50 Amazon gift card prize.

FYI: We're allowing up to 3 entries per person, however, each entry must be completely different. So when entering Christmas ornaments please remember that "completely different" means you can't enter two of the same type of ornament just because it's a different color or embellished differently. We want to see a range of skill! So each entry must showcase a different crafting ability. (Such as a crocheted Christmas ornament, a hand-sewn Christmas present, and crafted wreath would each be "completely different.")
Old 11-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #7
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinokeeo View Post
Oh, I'm gonna love this one. I already have Christmas stuff all over the place, half cut out, half assembled, still in pattern stage. I'll pick my three favorites.
Can't wait to see your projects! I figured this would be a good theme since I was certain everyone would be working on finishing their Christmas projects, whether decorations or gifts, but all crafts for Christmas.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #8
Creative Crafter

View UndrThTblNDrumng's Photo Album My Photos

If I used a pattern, can I post a link to it (or a tute) or does it need to be our own tutorials?
UndrThTblNDrumng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:55 PM   #9
Craft Addict

View Angela's Photo Album My Photos

Tutorials?? We don't have to create tutorials for this contest do we? I tend to follow other people's directions.

My daily project was completed on January 25, 2012, but you can still visit my blog The Daily Turtle if you would like to see my adventures making or photographing a turtle every day for a year.
Angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Creative Crafter

View UndrThTblNDrumng's Photo Album My Photos

it said "explain how to make the craft"... so I"m just wondering how much explaining they're looking for.
UndrThTblNDrumng is offline   Reply With Quote