I know I am stretching the topic a smidge. However, I think this is the closest thing to painting that will ever do! Plus, I tried something new.
It was "Spirit Day" at my daughter's school. The theme this month was teams. Students were encouraged to wear shirts, jerseys, caps etc. for their favourite teams. (Being allowed to wear caps in class is a treat because ordinarily hats are not supposed to be worn inside the school). My daughter is NOT a sporty kid so she has absolutely nothing to fit this theme. Remembering the big "Team Edward/Team Jacob" debates from the Twilight books (well before the awful movies), I wondered if that was applicable for my daughter's current favourite book trilogy, The Hunger Games. I haven't read the books, so I asked her. She immediately responded that she is "Team Peeta" (a boy in the book) and that a shirt was a fantastic idea.
So here is what we came up with!
We downloaded a Hunger Games font and made our freezer paper stencil and created this.
Because the upcoming movie has all it's writing in flames, I was trying to make our writing a little flame-like. That is how I am fitting this project into this category. My photos don't show it as well as I'd like. It is really dull and dreary here, so photos aren't coming out as bright as I'd like.
I impressed myself though. I managed to blend from red to orange to yellow (bottom to top). The yellow is even mottled with some orange. Since I have never even so much as made my own paint colour before, I am super
pleased with the way this turned out.
Pinokeeo, since this is your challenge, if you think I'm stretching the topic too far and this doesn't count, let me know and I will withdraw this entry.
Most importantly, my daughter loves
her new shirt. That is the best compliment as far as I am concerned.