Craft Forum  
Go Back   Craft Forum > Arts and Crafts > Sewing and Needlework

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-25-2017, 01:10 AM   #1
Newbie Crafter

View Usako's Photo Album My Photos
Default White jacket, Blue stripes with bleach damage PLEASE HELP

I don't know who else to turn to for advice on this so I'm here.
This is my boyfriends Jacket. It was his favorite Jacket with a strong memory attached to it that made its way into the back of his closet because it was stained and dingy. When I found it I took it upon myself to restore it back to normal so that I could return it to him as a hero and be the best girlfriend ever.

Anyway I'm staying a couple nights with my grandma, who decided while I was out at work that she was going to try and surprise me by cleaning the jacket herself so I didn't have to. It was all out of love so of course I'm not upset with her, but look at this ****. This is a disaster. My entire soul dropped out of my body when I saw it.
The stains are out and the whites look nice so all I have to do it restore the stripes.

I bought Rit Dye for the color fill and so far I've taped the stripes up and sprayed the white with NeverWet. I'm hoping this will help the dye from bleeding on to the white parts but I'm nervous and not even sure if this is going to work.

Also can I even use Rit Dye as a spot thing? I keep thinking, what about when I wash it? Is it going to bleed? Can I just take the dye, dilute it in a small amount of hot water and maybe use a paint brush to carefully apply to the stripes? How can I wash it without it messing everything up?

I'll delete the thread as soon as I get the advice I'm looking for, I'm a tad desperate here and maybe hoping for some friendly guidance. Thanks everyone.

Usako is offline   Reply With Quote
Join CraftForum.com

Join Craft Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

CraftForum.com is a free community of crafty people who enjoy making projects and sharing ideas and tips with each other. It doesnít matter if youíre just getting started or if youíre an old pro, youíll find the Craft Forum is a great community to join. Best of all itís totally free!

Join CraftForum.com - Click Here
JOIN FOR FREE